AS TALLINK GRUPP / TALLINK SILJA OY`S PASSENGER SECURITY REGULATIONS
In order to ensure the comfort, safety and security of all persons onboard, passengers are to follow these security regulations, instructions on safety and security given by the personnel of the ship or as stipulated by signs placed on board. The acting crew represents the ship’s captain regarding the keeping of order, safety and security in the ship. The passenger should neither disturb nor threaten the co-passengers nor act wrongfully in some other way during the trip. The person who cannot cope with self-control or behaves disturbingly and improperly might be placed to the special room up to the end of the trip.
1. The passenger should be able to show a valid boarding pass with EAN code and upon the relevant request prove his/her identity by presenting his/her identity document to the ship’s security employee or other person.
2. Anyone on board of the ship or in port premises may be subjected to a bodily search or an interview for the matters of safety and security. There is no obligation to agree with the bodily search or interview, but the person having refused from it can be expelled from the ship or the port territory and the police is informed of it. Any closed luggage, vehicle, cabin or other closed storage of the passenger can be searched.
3. The passenger should have the necessary valid travel documents in his/her possession during the trip. If the shipping company is liable or otherwise affected due to the missing travel or other documents of the passenger, the passenger is liable for the expenses that might incur to the shipping company.
4. The passenger is not allowed on board of the ship, if he/she behaves threateningly, disturbingly or annoyingly to other passengers, does not fulfill the established requirements, is indecently dressed or for any other valid reason.
The persons who are strongly intoxicated, break the rules and disturb the quiet and security of the co-passengers and the persons dangerous to themselves might be placed to the special room and they could be expelled from the ship in the port of departure or in the next port and they could be given over to the police. The person disturbing the co-passengers in the area of cabins loses the right to use the cabin at his/her disposal and the measures stipulated in the latter sentence can be applied to him/her.
5. The consumption of alcoholic drinks is allowed only in the restaurants and other catering places of the ship. The consumption of the alcoholic drinks taken along on board is prohibited. It is forbidden to consume the food taken along by the passenger in the ship’s restaurants, except special diet or baby food and beverages. The possession and use of drugs is forbidden onboard. The pets can be taken to the board of the ship pursuant to the procedure stipulated in the rules for pet transport.
6. The passengers are not allowed to bring hazardous objects or materials onboard. Fire or other arms need to be declared in the port’s customs and these are delivered to the security box of the information counter on board of the ship.
7. The use of open fire onboard is forbidden (real candles, gas stoves etc.). The passengers are not allowed to use electrical boiling spirals, coffee machines, roasters and other electrical equipment needed for preparing the food taken on board by the passenger in the rooms of passengers, including cabins. At the existence of the above mentioned equipment and in case of using them in the cabin, the representative of the shipping company has the right to take these equipment into the deposit at the information of the ship. The equipment is returned to the passenger 15 minutes before the ship arrives to the port of destination.
8. Smoking in the passenger rooms and cabins of the ship is forbidden. Smoking is allowed only in the places signed accordingly and meant for that purpose.
9. During the trip the passenger can stay only in the rooms for passengers. The stay on car deck, repairs of the vehicles and handling of fuel are forbidden during the trip.
10. The passenger should consider the comfort of co-passengers onboard. The listening to the audio equipment without headphones is not allowed in the cabin and silence starts at 11 (at 23:00 according to local time). The use of own musical equipment and instruments in the area of cabins is not allowed. The representative of the shipping company has the right to take the instruments or musical equipment under temporary deposit to the ship’s information. The equipment will be returned to the passenger 15 minutes before the ship arrives to the port of destination.
11. The leaders of the youth groups are responsible for the activities of the members of their group and for the fulfilment of these security regulations by them onboard. In the problem situations the group leader cooperates with the crew and follows the instructions given by them.
12. The objects (pillows, bedclothes, chairs and other objects in the ownership of the shipping company) in the cabin should not be damaged or taken out of the cabin. The police is informed of the thefts, burglary, fraud and threats committed in the rooms of the ship.
13. The malevolent damaging, violation or unjustified activation of the ship’s security, alarm and safety equipment is strictly prohibited onboard. Police is informed of the above mentioned violations.
14. The passenger who has caused damage with his/her activities to the property of the ship by its breaking, theft or other damage, is obliged to compensate the damage caused. The above amounts can be immediately paid to the ship’s information counter by the passenger. Passengers having the same cabin under the same booking are jointly and severally liable for damages caused to the cabin or cabin property.
15. The passengers are not allowed to conduct business or other sales activities onboard, to organize funds, run lotteries or propaganda events, agitate or give political speeches, unless the activity has been agreed with the shipping company in advance.
16. The shipping company is not liable for the passenger’s cash, securities, gold, silver objects, jewels, decorations, art works or other valuables and other personal belongings left in the cabin. The valuables and jewels of the passenger can be deposited in the safebox located in the information counter of the ship.
The instructions related to the luggage are provided to the passengers in the terminal, on board of the ship and in travelling and other documents. Additional information can be found in the sales brochures and on the company’s website www.tallink.com and www.tallinksilja.com.
Each passenger (i.e. the person who is not a member of the crew) should be subject to the above provided regulations on board of the ship and in the terminal according to §60 (4) of the Estonian Merchant Shipping Act, Finnish Shipping Code chapter 15 (4), Swedish Shipping Code chapter 15 (7), International Ship and Port Facility Security Code, EU regulation 725/2004 and the provisions stipulated in the security related circular letters of the Estonian, Finnish, Latvian and Swedish maritime administrations.
Approved by the Management Board of AS Tallink Grupp, 28.11.2011