Current information about changes due to Corona virus
Published 7.3.2020, updated 17.1.2021
- Tallink Silja will contact all customers affected by cancelled departures.
Due to the restrictions in our countries it may take longer than usual to resolve each person's application, but we will provide a solution for and respond to every single application received.
Welcome to check and update your contact details for current booking / ticket by visiting the "My Booking" section on our website. By doing this you ensure that we can contact you quickly when we need to.
- We are providing our customers more flexibility during these extraordinary times due to Covid-19 situation. Read exceptional terms for changing existing bookings for cancelled routes until 31.5.2021 →
Tallink Grupp follows very closely the instructions and recommendations of each respective country where our vessels operate.
You can read all the latest press releases on Tallink Grupp's Press center.
We are opening sales and making plans for new services and products continuously as the situation changes in our destination countries.
Routes we sail :
- HELSINKI-TALLINN and v.v. with Megastar & Star daily
- TURKU-ÅLAND STOCKHOLM and v.v with Baltic Princess & Galaxy daily
Routes are partially suspended for regular passenger traffic:
- HELSINKI-STOCKHOLM: Planned return to daily traffic on 1.6.2021 with Silja Symphony & Silja Serenade.
- TALLINN-STOCKHOLM: Planned return to regular daily traffic on 1.6.2021 with Victoria I & Baltic Queen.
- HELSINKI-TALLINN: Silja Europa, planned return to traffic 1.4.2021.
- RIGA-STOCKHOLM: Romantika & Isabelle operations suspended until further notice
Check detailed 2021 timetables
- 15.3.2020: Tallinn-Stockholm traffic has been suspended from Sunday 15 March
- 16.3.2020: Riga-Stockholm traffic has been suspended from Monday 16 March
- 17.3.2020: Tallinn-Helsinki route vessel Silja Europa has been suspended from Tuesday, 17 March
- 17.3.2020: Romantika sailed to Sassnitz, Germany 17.3.2020 to bring home Estonians and Latvians stuck in Europe.
- 18.3.2020: Tallink Grupp will temporarily suspend the operation of three of its hotels in Tallinn and Riga from Wednesday 18 March.
- 18.3.2020: Helsinki-Tallinn route's Shuttle traffic with Star & Megastar: New bookings for Day Cruise or Roundtrips between Helsinki and Tallinn are not sold from 18 March. Megastar continued to operate on the Tallinn-Helsinki route according its usual schedule. During the weekend of Saturday 21 March and Sunday 22 March 2020 there were 4 additional departures with Megastar. Star departed from Helsinki to Tallinn 18.3.2020 according to schedule at 7.30am. All the following Star departures on Helsinki-Tallinn route were cancelled until further notice.
- 19.3.2020: Star started operating between Estonia and Germany as a cargo vessel from 19 March 2020 to ensure transportation of goods between Estonia and western Europe.
- 19.3.2020: Helsinki-Stockholm traffic has been suspended from Wednesday 19 March
- 19.3.2020: Turku-Stockholm route ships Baltic Princess and Galaxy started to temporarily operate on the Turku-Kapellskär route from 19 March 2020 to provide cargo transport between Finland and Sweden.
- 23.3.2020: Baltic Princess and Galaxy return to Turku-Stockholm route via Långnäs in Åland Island from 23 March 2020 onwards to secure cargo traffic during coronavirus situation.
- 11.4.2020: Tallink Grupp’s vessels Megastar, Baltic Princess and Galaxy will no longer allow foot passengers and passengers with cars to travel to Finland from Saturday, 11 April 2020. Passengers are still allowed to travel these vessels from Finland to Estonia and Sweden as previously and cargo transportation will continue on all these vessels according to schedule.
- 19.4.2020: Star stopped operating on Paldiski-Sassnitz-route and it's traffic is suspended until further notice
- 29.-30.4.2020: Romantika carried out a special trip on the Riga-Stockholm route on 29 – 30 April 2020 to transport cargo and workers between the two capitals.
- 14.5.2020: Tallink Grupp started selling tickets to passengers travelling to Finland from 5 May. First passenger transport to Finland on ferries Star and Megastar are allowed from 14 May 2020 for workers and people with unavoidable reasons for travel.
- 24.5.2020: Tallink Grupp adds more departures to Tallinn-Helsinki route for its vessel Star
- 28.5.2020: Baltic Princess and Galaxy return back to Turku-Mariehamn-Stockholm route
- 06.06.2020: Megastar operates with full summer schedule with 6 departures per day on Helsinki-Tallinn route
- 08.06.2020: Victoria I operates on Helsinki-Tallinn route from 8 June - 31 August
- 12.06.2020: Tallink Hotel Spa in Tallinn reopens
- 12.06.2020: Silja Europa starts operating again on Helsinki-Tallinn route
- 26.06.2020: Silja Serenade will operate on Helsinki-Riga route from 26 June - 15 August
- 03.07.2020: Baltic Queen will operate on Tallinn-Helsinki-Mariehamn route on weekends. Departures on Fridays 3, 10, 17 & 24 July
- 10.7.2020: Silja Symphony will make cruises from Stockholm to Visby 10 July - 14 August
- 18.7.2020: Romantika will make special cruises Riga-Mariehamn-Riga 18 July , 10 August and 4 September + additional departures 11 September
- 07.08.2020: Romantika will make special cruises Riga-Helsinki-Riga 7 August, 21 August & 28 August + additional departures 25 September
- 21.08.2020: Silja Symphony will make special cruises Stockholm-Härnösand (High Coast)-Stockholm 21, 28 August and 4, 11 and 18 September 2020.
- 26.08.2020: Tallink opens limited traffic with Baltic Queen on Tallinn-Stockholm route
- 01.09.2020: Tallink opens two weekly departures on Tallinn-Stockholm route
- 06.09.2020: Silja Europa departures on Helsinki-Tallinn route cancelled 6.-10.9., 13.-17.9.2020
- 25.9.2020: Victoria I will replace Silja Europa during weekends. Silja Europa will be suspended from traffic until further notice
- 25.9.2020: Silja Symphony will make additional cruises on Stockholm-Härnösand (High Coast)-Stockholm route during autumn holidays 25 September and 2, 23, 26 and 29 October
- 02.10.2020: Star will have limited schedule during weekends on Helsinki-Tallinn route
- 18.10.2020: Tallink temporarily suspends operation of Tallink Hotel Riga in Latvia
- Travelling to Estonia - Read more from Ministry of Foreign affairs: https://vm.ee/en & Visit Estonia
The TERVISEAMET web service guides you filling in the passenger locator form before entering Estonia.
Go to https://iseteenindus.terviseamet.ee/
Updated information about restrictions on movement for passengers arriving in Estonia between 15 and 24 January 2021
- Travellig to Finland - Read more from the Finnish Border Guard: https://raja.fi/en/covid19-info
The FINENTRY web service helps and guides you with coronavirus testing in Finland
Go to https://www.finentry.fi/en/
- Travelling to Latvia - Read more from https://covid19.gov.lv/en
- Travelling to Sweden - Read more from Krisinformation.se: https://www.krisinformation.se/en/hazards-and-risks/disasters-and-incidents/2020/official-information-on-the-new-coronavirus/travel-restrictions
- An official website of the European Union - Find out about travelling restrictions by coutry: Re-Open EU
- The main advice from the local official health authorities is to follow extremely good hygiene practices - frequent and proper washing of hands, using disinfectants that are available around all our ships and hotels.
- Finnish Shipowners’ Association recommends the use of masks during the voyage in situations where it is not possible to maintain adequate social distancing. Depending on the situation, passengers should be prepared to wear a mask, for example when boarding and disembarking, and in other possible situations where it is impossible to maintain social distancing.
- Based on the Estonian Government decision it is mandatory to wear a mask or to cover one’s nose and mouth in public indoor spaces, including public transport and service points from 24 November 2020.
Passengers travelling onboard Estonian flagged vessels (Star, Megastar, Victoria I, Sailor, Sea Wind, Regal Star) are asked to wear face masks on board and at the terminals.
This obligation does not apply to children under the age of 12 or if wearing a mask is not possible for health reasons, special needs, the nature of work or activity, or other important reasons.
- We are continuously and frequently forwarding advice and guidance to our crew and staff we receive from the authorities and partner organizations.
- A number of important safety measures are being executed onboard. Read more here
- Passenger capacity is being monitored taking into account regulations and the epidemic situation in our countries.
- Before purchasing tickets please make sure that you follow the regulations when entering the country at the destination and pay attention to possible self-isolation rules.
- Finnish Health Authority:
Recommendation on using face-masks 13.8.2020:
- Estonian Health Authority:
- Swedish Public Health Agency:
- Latvian Public Health Authority:
For further information, please contact our customer service.
Read below latest Tallink Silja news & press releases