TRAVEL WITH CONFIDENCE
Is it safe to travel?
We are doing our everything to make your cruise experience as comfortable as possible. We have executed numerous actions to make sure safety onboard is on highest level: The total amount of passengers has been decreased, restaurants and shops has limitations for entries and entertainment onboard is organized so that everyone has something to enjoy – within safe distance from others.
BEFORE THE TRIP
Do your check in in advance with Tallink Silja App or Online if possible or use the Check in machines in Terminal. Of course, our Check in desks are normally at your use if you need personal service. Read more about the app and download it.
Entertainment on board
Entertainment on our vessels has been adapted to the passenger amounts and current safety measures. For example, during summer season we are having same show twice in a night to keep audiences spacious. Constant reminders of keeping the distance to others is given both in announcements and also in cruise programs.
Karaoke is open only on Silja Europa on Helsinki Tallinn route and Baltic Princess on Turku Stockholm route. Cruise managers are making sure the microphone is cleaned after every singer.
Discos are closed on all our vessels. Dancing in show bars is possible, however we encourage all to dance only with your own travel companion
All our ships have activities and activators for kids. Depending on the route we have also either Harry the Seal or Moomin with their friends to greet the smallest passengers. On Silja Line ships playrooms are open and also extended to conference decks. On Tallink ships playrooms are currently still closed but kids are having organized program in other facilities. The kids program is planned so that there should not be any crowds and families can keep their distance to others. Ball pools are closed in all our vessels. For teenagers Silja Line ships have renewed interactive adventure game that will spread all over the ship
All passengers must wash or disinfect hands every time they enter restaurant of cafeteria. Disinfectant points are located near each coffee or drink machines. Crew will clean machines and surfaces often and regularly. Tongs and spoons are changed frequently, and plastic gloves are also available on Buffet restaurants. Little by little we are getting back to normal Buffet service. Currently chefs are handing out majority of the warm dishes to clients but some of cold starters are still available as individual pieces so client is only touching the chosen product. Drink automats are available as usual and we hope that everyone is disinfecting hands many times during the dining in Buffet restaurant.
Drinks are served to table in bars and restaurants when ever possible so that drinks are not enjoyed around bar.
Menus in ala carte restaurants are disposable or laminated so that they can be disinfected easily. Grill House restaurants on Europa, Baltic Queen and Victoria are piloting on digital menu so that clients can place their orders with QR code.
Spa and Sauna departments on ships are open depending on route. On some ships saunas are closed but spa areas are open. Customer numbers are restricted on all pool areas and guests are expected to take care of the good hygiene during the visit.
OUR ACTIONS FOR COMFORTABLE TRAVEL EXPERIENCE
- Cleaning processes have been intensified all around vessels and terminals.
- Disinfectant dispensers are situated to all public areas.
- Washing hands is made easily accessible and new stations are build.
- Automated hand drying machines are removed or disabled in public toilets.
- Number of passengers entering shops and restaurants are being restricted.
- Customer service points have protective shields.
- Signs, posters and screens are guiding the passengers in several languages.
- Travelers with any symptoms of COVID-19 are not allowed to embark.
TOGETHER WE WILL SUCCEED
The rules for travelling in this new normal is now different. But the Baltic Sea still smells the same and horizons are as wide as before. So, lets take care of our selves and others and enjoy the up coming trips with few action points in our heads:
- Do not travel if you are sick or having any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Keep your distance to others and wait patiently you turn.
- Wash your hands properly with soap and use alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Cough and sneeze to disposable handkerchief and then throw it to trash immediately. If there is no tissue available, cough or sneeze to you sleeve - never to your hands!