TRAVEL WITH CONFIDENCE
RESPONSIBLE AND SAFE SEA VOYAGE
Many of our ships are sailing on the beautiful Baltic Sea and gradually borders are opening. It is safe to hop on board and enjoy the sea to the fullest. We are doing everything together with ports in our destinations that your sea journey is comfortable.
Is it safe to travel?
We are doing our everything to make your cruise experience as comfortable as possible. We have executed numerous actions to make sure safety onboard is on highest level: The total amount of passengers has been decreased, restaurants and shops has limitations for entries and entertainment onboard is organized so that everyone has something to enjoy – within safe distance from others.
According to the Institute for health and safety (THL), Finnish vessels have successfully been able to avoid spreading of the virus. Read more at shipowners.fi/en
BEFORE THE TRIP
Do your check in in advance with Tallink Silja App or Online if possible or use the Check in machines in Terminal. Of course, our Check in desks are normally at your use if you need personal service. Read more about the app and download it.
Entertainment on board
Entertainment on our vessels has been adapted to the passenger amounts and current safety measures. For example, during holiday season we are having same show twice in a night to keep audiences spacious. Constant reminders of keeping the distance to others is given both in announcements and also in cruise programs.
During weekends we offer live music. Dancefloors are currently closed, but you can enjoy the music and entertainment from your table, considering the safety distance to others.
All our ships have activities and activators for kids. Depending on the route we have also either Harry the Seal or Moomin with their friends to greet the smallest passengers. Playrooms are open and the kids program is planned so that there should not be any crowds and families can keep their distance to others. Ball pools are closed in all our vessels. For teenagers Silja Line ships have renewed interactive adventure game that will spread all over the ship
All passengers must wash or disinfect hands every time they enter restaurant of cafeteria. Disinfectant points are located near each coffee or drink machines. Crew will clean machines and surfaces often and regularly. Tongs and spoons are changed frequently, and plastic gloves are also available on Buffet restaurants. Little by little we are getting back to normal Buffet service. Currently chefs are handing out majority of the warm dishes to clients but some of cold starters are still available as individual pieces so client is only touching the chosen product. Drink automats are available as usual and we hope that everyone is disinfecting hands many times during the dining in Buffet restaurant.
We encourge everyone to disinfect their hands several times during the dining.
Drinks are served to table in bars and restaurants when ever possible so that drinks are not enjoyed around bar.
Menus in ala carte restaurants are disposable or laminated so that they can be disinfected easily. Grill House restaurants on Europa, Baltic Queen and Victoria are piloting on digital menu so that clients can place their orders with QR code.
Spa and Sauna departments on ships are open depending on route and ship. On some ships saunas are closed but spa areas are open. Customer numbers are restricted on all pool areas and guests are expected to take care of the good hygiene during the visit.
OUR ACTIONS FOR COMFORTABLE TRAVEL EXPERIENCE
- Cleaning processes have been intensified all around vessels and terminals.
- Disinfectant dispensers are situated to all public areas.
- Washing hands is made easily accessible and new stations are build.
- Automated hand drying machines are removed or disabled in public toilets.
- Number of passengers entering shops and restaurants are being restricted.
- Customer service points have protective shields.
- Announcements, signs, posters and screens are guiding the passengers in several languages.
- The air does not circulate from cabin to cabin, but fresh air comes into each cabin individually.
Read more about air ventilation
- Travelers with any symptoms of COVID-19 are not allowed to embark.
TOGETHER WE WILL SUCCEED
The rules for travelling in this new normal are now different. But the Baltic Sea still smells the same and horizons are as wide as before. So, lets take care of our selves and others and enjoy the up coming trips with few action points in our heads:
- Do not travel if you are sick or having any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Keep your distance to others and wait patiently your turn.
- Avoid crowed areas.
- Wash your hands properly with soap (min. 20 sec) and use alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Cough and sneeze to disposable handkerchief and then throw it to trash immediately. If there is no tissue available, cough or sneeze to you sleeve - never to your hands!
- Avoid using cash money, prefere card payment onboard
- We recommend using face mask in terminal buildings and on board in all public areas.